This diet was emailed to me by my friend Vicki G.
Here are the (loose) rules of the diet that my housemate and I are currently undertaking on the run up to our holiday in 6 weeks time:
1 No bread, pasta, potatoes or rice
- We have replaced these things in main meals for salad/ cous-cous/ spinach/ bean sprouts/ stir fry/ extra veg
2 Snacking is still allowed but I try to snack on healthy stuff i.e. fruit, celery (which I am eating as I type this ), chunks of cheese
- Crisps are potato (obviously!) so not allowed, but I have allowed myself to have yummy parsnip crisps :)
3 It is not a low fat diet so bacon & eggs, chocolate and sweets are allowed (in moderation) as they are not ‘carbs’
4 The odd faux-par is not a sackable offense i.e. my housemate had half a bread roll the other day and I had some potato wedges because I was hungover at a friends and the only sustenance she had was potato – my survival depended on it!!
5 Generally speaking we avoid the main carbs (point 1) but don’t try and eliminate them completely – I have discovered this is extremely difficult as carbs are in EVERYTHING!!!!
6 We have also started exercising – so far this week we have been for a run round our local park and done a ‘wii-active’ work out on my wii!
- I also make a conscious effort to walk rather than use public transport (or lifts!!) for that extra bit of exercise!
- I have no idea if this will work but I hope it will at least help a little – if I’ve given up carbs for no reason I’m not going to be best pleased!!!!
- It’s not really anything ground breaking but that’s what we’re doing.
In addition… a point that I forgot about but was reminded during lunch….
7 Sweet potato (low in carb) is also allowed and is a nice alternative to regular potato!!!
What do you think?
Posted 06:48 PM on Sun Apr 22 2012 |
1647 views, 0 comments
Leave a comment: